I am pleased to offer this brand new service to any authors in need of help fleshing out their story world, working out details such as distances, geography and climate and even creating a working map sketch for you.
Getting these details right in the first instance will not only allow you to better visualise your world, but will also lay down strong foundations for the creation of a full map.
You can get in touch with me via the Contact page regarding this service. I’ll always try to get back to you within 24-48 hours.
When contacting me about Discovery, it’s helpful to me if you can provide some basic information about your story and world. When I get in touch with you, I will usually request further detail and ask you to upload content to my Google Docs client area so that we can collaborate in a fun and dynamic way.
Unlike my map commissions which attract a different quote based on various factors, I prefer to charge a fixed rate for my Discovery service, which is on a per-hour basis.
The current rate for my Discovery service is £15/hour.
Map Creation Discount: 20% discount
If you hire me for a block of two hours or more, I will be pleased to offer you a 20% discount on any map project you then decide to commission me for. This offer is redeemable once per customer.
I take payment via PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org). I will invoice you for the agreed number of hours, which are to be paid fully in advance.
Due to the flexible nature of the Discovery service, you may wish to commission me for just an hour per month, or seven hours in a block.
Please note that I do not offer any other refunds on this service. However, if you are not happy with my service I will work to resolve any identified issues at no further cost to you.
My Guarantees to You
- With the Discovery service, you are paying for my time and I will be completely focused on your project during the contracted hours.
- I only log my time on meaningful activities, so I do not expect you to pay for me to simply read through any provided information or just to ‘think through’ the project.
- After every completed block of work I will draw up a project summary which breaks down the activities that I performed and how many hours were spent on them.
- I have many years experience working on fantasy maps for clients, but also a wealth of experience creating my own fictional worlds, characters and writing. All of this experience will go towards making your project the best it can be.
Terms & Conditions
- As the artist of any sketches or artwork, I retain full ownership to any work that I provide to you.
- You have the right to modify, edit, or reuse any sketches and artwork provided in part or whole, provided it is not for commercial use.